Sunday, September 5, 2010

What I did today



I went to an amusement park with a very amusing Theme Park fanatic: The Theme Park Guy. An incredibly bright filmmaker-cum-theme park obsessee , who is traveling the world trying to get to every theme park and rate them. He had just been North Korea and was stopped in Tokyo to see the mediocre Fuji-Q highlands. When I asked him what his favorite theme park was, he replied " Tokyo Disney Sea!" not unenthusiastically. To my reply of " oh..I thought it was a water park" I was met with incredulity and mocking for the rest of the day : " I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'VE BEEN IN TOKYO FOR TWO YEARS AND HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE BEST PARK IN THE WORLD. Are you retarded?"
he might not have said that exactly....


So after a whole day of mediocrity, closed rides, and hip-hop beats in the mountains at Fuji-Q, we decided to make a fast dash over to the womb-like universe of Disney Sea.
It sounds like a water park, though come on...


It was awesome. It was just awesome. Four billion dollars worth of awesome. It's not about thrills, or going fast or whatever, its about the environment. Disney's "Imagineers" have planned down to the last grain of sand, adding their patented fantasy-almost-real to even the lighting, seeing as how it was night time and even that greedy, rebellious ball of fire called the sun can't go about wrecking everything.

I took this photo on the train ride home from Maihama.

No comments:

Post a Comment